Monday, January 8, 2007

The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference

I am not watching the big Ohio State game, which is now booming through the speakers on the television downstairs.

I may be the only person in Ohio who isn't. This is not to say I don't like the Buckeyes, or that I don't wish them well.

I like the team just fine, and I hope they win, just as I wish all local, regional and state teams are successful. But I have no stake in the outcome.

If Ohio State wins, will I get an extra day off work? No. Will I somehow come into large sums of cash previously unguessed at by somebody with my meager bank account?Again, no.

Minus these two incentives, I'm not interested enough to watch "the big game." At least the Super Bowl, which I am equally equivocal about but still sometimes watch, has fun commercials.

But I like the idea of Columbus-area businesses serving gator meat, something I heard about on National Public Radio this morning. Even if it is really just chicken in disguise.

1 comment:

BLAZER PROPHET said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO Weeeeeeeeeeeee, did they ever get their fannies kicked by the 'gators.